American Heart Association™
BLS Healthcare Provider Online Course
Convenient new alternative for completion of the AHA BLS Healthcare Providers online course This course meets the criteria for any healthcare provider who is required to obtain or maintain certification in American Heart Association™ BLS Healthcare Provider CPR.
About the BLS Online Course
This release (*2010 Guidelines) of the Web-based e-learning product, the AHA BLS Healthcare Providers online course provides Part 1, the online portion of the course. The hands-on skills evaluation portion of the course is the second part. Part 1 includes a series of modules that cover all required sequences for an American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider Course. Participants also complete the AHA Healthcare Provider exam online. Those who successfully complete Part 1 receive a certificate that allows them entrance to a skills validation session with an AHA BLS Instructor.
Minimum Computer Requirements
- Windows 2000 or later
- CPU: Pentium 4 or equivalent
- RAM: 512 MB (768MB+ recommended)
- HD: 300MB free (for caching)
- Flash player 9.0.123 or higher
- Monitor 16bit color in 1024×768 resolution
- Mouse or compatible pointing device
- Speakers or headphones
- Internet Explorer 6.0+
- Printer for completion certificate
- PC only, not MAC
How long will it take to complete?
- Participants usually require 1 hour or less, to complete the online portion.
- You must also complete the skills testing with an AHA BLS Instructor. This will require more time and is dependent on the individual instructors.
What are the advantages of BLS Online?
- Establishes a standardized training program.
- Provides training when it is convenient for you (24 hours a day).
- Allows instructors to train more people with increased efficiency.
What are the components of BLS Online?
- Complete the online portion (Part 1).
- Print Completion Certificate
- Have an authorized AHA instructor complete the skills testing (Part 2).
- The AHA instructor will issue the American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR certification card.
How do I get my BLS card?
- You will need to have an American Heart Association™ BLS instructor complete the skills check off and issue your AHA course card.
- A.C.T.N.T. Healthcare Services provides skills testing at our Las Colinas Education Center in Irving, TX. If you are not able to attend one of our skills testing sessions it is advisable to secure the services of an AHA BLS instructor prior to purchasing the program package.