AHA Basic Life Support Instructor Package
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC). This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings.
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
The BLS Instructor Package includes all tools needed for BLS Instructors to teach the BLS Course.
The following items are included in this convenient package:
- BLS Instructor Manual (includes manual, Lesson Plans, the BLS Instructor CD and divider tabs)
- BLS Provider Manual (includes manual and BLS Reference Card)
- BLS Course DVD Set
The BLS Instructor Package is packaged in a cardboard container.
This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
The BLS Instructor Packageis for use by AHA BLS Instructors.
We appreciate your interest in this product and will make every effort to answer your questions promptly.